Saturday, October 25, 2008

Important Prayer Request

Spread the word that Sarah Palin asks that everyone pray Psalm 27 for her daily. It is a very powerful Psalm and in conjunction with our work we need prayer like never before.

God bless you

TRUST IN GOD (of David.)

The Lord is my light and my salvation;
who should I fear?
The Lord is my life's refuge;
of whom should I be afraid?
When evildoers come at me
to devour my flesh,
My foes and my enemies
themselves stumble and fall.
Though an army encamp against me,
and heart will not fear;
Though war be waged upon me,
even then will I trust

One thing I ask of the Lord;
this I seek:
To dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
That I may gaze on the loveliness of
the Lord
and contemplate his temple.
For he will hide me in his abode
in the day of trouble;
He will conceal me in the shelter of his
tent,
he will set me high upon a rock.
Even now my head is held high
above my enemies on every side.
And I will offer in his tent
sacrifices with shouts of gladness;
I will sing and chant praise to the Lord.

Hear, O Lord, the sound of my call;
have pity on me, and answer me.
Of you my heart speaks; you my
glance seeks;
your presence, O Lord, I seek.
Hide not your face from me;
do not in anger repel your servant.
You are my helper: cast me not off;
forsake me not, O God my savior,
Though my father and mother forsake
me,
yet will the Lord receive me.

Show me, O Lord, your way,
and lead me on a level path,
because of my adversaries.
Give me not up to the wishes of my
foes;
for false witnesses have risen up
against me,
and such as breathe out violence.
I believe that I shall see the bounty of
the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage;
be stouthearted, and wait for the
Lord.

No comments: